Code of Equity
- Cork Harlequins Club in affiliation with Hockey Ireland and Cricket Ireland is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of our sports. In doing so we acknowledge and adopt the following definition of sports equity:
“Sports equity is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address them. It is about changing the culture and structure of sport to ensure it becomes equally accessible to everyone in society.”
- Cork Harlequins respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of hockey and cricket, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
- Cork Harlequins is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy hockey and cricket in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse.
- Everyone involved in hockey and cricket has a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
- Cork Harlequins will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously, according to disciplinary procedures.