For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (as amended) and GDPR, the data controller is Cork Harlequins Club, Farmers Cross, Cork. The club is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with the these acts.
We collect your information when you register as a member or receive our newsletter or when you contact us via our contact form on our website.
The club endeavours to collect, store and use your personal data only with your knowledge. The collated information will include your name, DOB, address, telephone number, email and relevant medical information which will be used to contact you regarding your participation with our service and help us to provide a safe environment for our members. If you choose to provide us with personal information it will be used in support of the intended purposes stated at the time at which it was collected, and subject to any preferences indicated to you. This information which we store (on the secure Easy Payments Database system) is to aid the efficiency of our service to you and is designed to be compliant with the disclosure requirements of the Data Protection Act 1988 and 2003 (as amended) and GDPR. Any letters of permission, codes of conduct etc. will be stored under lock and key in the club office. If you require any information or wish to obtain the personal data we have stored please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The reasons for collecting this information are
- To record membership of the club
- To assign members to a team/under age group
- To communicate to members through email and text
- To know relevant medical information of underage members to help provide a safe environment
The uses it will be put to are
- To help compile team lists
- To share club information through email
- To convey match/game/training information through text/whatsapp/teamer
- To assess medical information and it’s impact while playing hockey/cricket
- To record membership payment
- To register details with Munster Cricket, Cricket Ireland, Munster Branch Hockey Ireland and Hockey Ireland
Who will it be shared with ?
- Lead coaches and team managers
- Club Manager
- Munster Cricket, Cricket Ireland, Munster Branch Hockey Ireland and Hockey Ireland
We do not sell or rent your information to any third-party organisation for marketing, fundraising of campaigning purposes. The information stored will not be transferred outside the EU.
How long will your personal data be retained for ?
- The personal data will be retained for the duration of membership and/or for any period necessary to comply with legal obligations, and for the duration needed to manage relationships with existing and former members/guardians/parents.
- At anytime you have the right to have your information erased.
When purchasing goods/services on our site your credit and debit card details are stored by Easy Payments who is our online payments provider. These payment details are stored in compliance with the PCI: DSS laws therefore they remain encrypted and are not passed on to any third party or used for any payments without your consent. All personal information is stored on our data base using the Easy Payment package. All information is password protected.
Our website may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Acts. You have the right under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (as amended and GDPR to know what information we hold about you and to ask, in writing, to see your records, to amend your records or to have your records erased. In certain circumstances we will be unable to delete data entirely for statutory purposes such as tax and accounting legislation, but in such cases we will remove your data from any other processing activities.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change any of your personal details or any of the information we hold is inaccurate about you please email us at email@example.com
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Cork Harlequins holds about you. We will comply with your request within 30 calendar days of receipt. To receive a copy of the information Cork Harlequins holds about you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 years or under. If you are aged 16 years or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.